By Kendall Herren
LOUISVILLE – First time to National FFA Convention & Expo? Here are a few quick tips from other FFA chapters to make sure your first convention is a hit!
1. Don’t be shy, be open to trying new things – Redwater, Texas
Try that game or activity, meet new people, speak up in a group; step outside of your comfort zone and do new things!
2. Get ideas from other chapters – Riverdale, Wisconsin
Network and get new ideas for your chapter such as fundraising or social events.
3. Attend all of the sessions – Riverdale, Wisconsin
You will meet new people, learn new things, and have tons of fun doing it.
4. Relax & enjoy yourself – South Delta, Wisconsin
Take photos; add new friends on Facebook; but most of all, enjoy the memories.
5. Meet new people and fill out your book – Elk City, Oklahoma
Introduce yourself to others! You’ll be excited to know people the next year you come.
6. Wear the right attire to keep you comfortable – Philipsburgh, New Jersey
Girls: don’t wear heals – wear comfortable flats
Boys: wear thin slacks and dress shirts to stay cool
7. Check out the many career fair in the Expo – Clear Spring, Maryland
Whatever your interests may be, visit college booths to learn about opportunities, and win free stuff!
8. Don’t spend all of your money the first day – Philipsburgh, New Jersey
The shopping mall is open every day for the entire week, so take your time and find those favorite items you’ll wear 1000 times.
9. Get your sleep for the week – Crater, Oregon
Between the early mornings and late nights, get a good night’s sleep so you can enjoy convention all week.
10. Enjoy the food – Henry County, Kentucky
Enjoy food from over 25 different places at convention.
Have a great first National FFA Convention & Expo!