Thursday afternoon, 45 FFA chapters from across the country stood on stage at the 86th National FFA Convention & Expo in anticipation of scoring a major victory in the FFA National Chapter Awards. By the end of the ceremony, five of those chapters were named national winners in the tough competition.
- Model of Excellence Award: Pontiac FFA Chapter (Illinois)
- Model of Innovation – Community Development: Richland 44 FFA Chapter (North Dakota)
- Model of Innovation – Chapter Development: Anna FFA Chapter (Ohio)
- Model of Innovation – Student Development Winner: St. Amant FFA Chapter (Louisiana)
- Outstanding Middle School Winner: Signal Knob FFA Chapter (Virginia)
The National Chapter Award program recognizes FFA chapters that successfully complete an annual Program of Activities (PoA) which includes a series of activities designed to encourage its members to grow as individuals, to work as part of a team, and to serve others.
The National FFA Chapter Awards are sponsored by John Deere as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.