The New Hampshire FFA Convention starts today! Best wishes to all members, advisors, parents and supporters who are attending!
Here are some cool facts about agriculture in New Hampshire:
- The chief commercial crops raised in New Hampshire are greenhouse and nursery products, Christmas trees, sweet corn, chicken eggs, and apples.
- Various vegetables and forest products are also sold.
- Hay is the chief field crop grown to feed livestock.
- Many farmers tap the maple trees on their land to produce maple syrup and sugar.
- Forest products are also produced in New Hampshire.
- Dairy products account for nearly 1/3 of the state’s total farm income.
- Other livestock raised includes beef cattle and hogs.
- Chicken, cattle and calves and turkeys are also sold.